Three of the people charged with the murder of Perth boy CassiusTurvey have been accused of kidnapping and assaulting another teenager four days before Cassius was fatally bashed.
Homicide squad detectives on Wednesday announced they had charged four people over the violent assault of a 15-year-old boy in Swan View about 4.40pm on October 9 last year.WAtodayA WA Police spokesman said the boy, who was the same age as Cassius, was chased down by the group.
“It will be further alleged the boy was placed into a vehicle and taken to a house where he was detained for a period of time before being released.”Murder-accused Jack Brearley, 21, Aleesha Gilmore, 20, and Mitchell Forth, 24, have been charged over the attack, along with a fourth person, Ethan Mackenzie, 18.
Police say they took the teenager to a house but released him shortly afterwards, allegedly threatening to hurt him if he said anything about the ordeal.
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Police lay new kidnap and assault charges against people accused of murdering Cassius TurveyPolice say that just days before Cassius Turvey was chased and attacked, some of the people charged with his murder allegedly kidnapped and stabbed another teenager.
Read more »
Emergency fire warning declared with blaze threatening lives and homes north of PerthFirefighters are battling an out-of-control fire near the Western Australian town of Toodyay, about 90 kilometres northeast of Perth.
Read more »
Ribbons for sex abuse survivors make statement at Perth church ahead of Cardinal Pell funeralSurvivors of child sexual abuse and supporters hung ribbons on the fence of a Perth church to show solidarity ahead of Cardinal George Pell's funeral.
Read more »
Man seriously injured after apparent car explosion at Perth retirement villageA man is taken to hospital with what have been described as 'blast injuries' after a car explodes outside a Perth retirement village.
Read more »
Beach Energy’s Perth Basin gas project costs to blow outEstimated reserves at the basin dropped by 11 per cent but CEO Morne Engelbrecht says the firm can fulfil its contractual obligations.
Read more »
Hancock, Strike head towards end game on WarregoTuesday is shaping up as a key day in the fierce three-way tussle for the Perth Basin junior gas producer Warrego Energy, with no clarity on the outcome.
Read more »