The 36-year-old woman allegedly used a cane to beat her daughter after she was suspended from a high school in Concord.
CONCORD — A Bay Point woman has been charged with child abuse and domestic violence for allegedly beating her 17-year-old daughter with a cane dozens of times after the victim was suspended from high school, court records show.
The 36-year-old woman was charged Thursday. Both counts are misdemeanors, and she has not yet been arraigned, court records show. The charges stem from an incident in February. The victim, a 17-year-old girl, was suspended from a high school in Concord for five days for fighting. When the principal informed her mother of the suspension, the woman told school officials she would “beat” her daughter, and threw in a few expletives, according to police.
The woman allegedly beat the girl with a metal cane, causing extensive bruising. Police say she struck the girl an estimated 50 times and that the victim didn’t fight back, because she didn’t want to strike her mother.Dear Abby: My grandparents love their new tenant. I'm getting suspicious.Ask Amy: I don’t know if he’s joking, but I’m so excited about this man’s offerHarriette Cole: My mom is already talking about another manDear Abby: She’s 22 and someone has given her a lot of money.
Melania Trump spent 'all hours' in her bathrobe as first lady, holing up in the White House residence, author says
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Concord man gets life in prison for 2019 Petaluma outlets murderA Concord man was sentenced to 50 years to life in prison for the murder of a man at the Petaluma Factory Outlets nearly five years ago.
Read more »
Concord rent stabilization ordinance put on hold, may soon go to votersAfter passing a much-anticipated rent stabilization ordinance last month which was finalized by the city council March 5, the City of Concord said Monday it will suspend its implementation.
Read more »
Concord rent stabilization ordinance suspended days after approvalAn effort at rent stabilization and just cause for eviction in the East Bay City of Concord has been suspended only days after it was adopted by the City Council.
Read more »
34-year-old woman charged in Broad Ripple stabbing that left another woman critically injuredThe stabbing occurred around 6:15 p.m. Saturday, according to IMPD.
Read more »
Wonder Woman #7 Review: A Thoroughly Unnecessary DetourWonder Woman and Superman go to the mall in Wonder Woman 7.
Read more »
Concord Approves Conceptual Plan for Former Naval Weapons Station DevelopmentCity officials in Concord, California have tentatively approved a conceptual plan for the development of the former Concord Naval Weapons Station. The billion-dollar project will be spread over five phases and is expected to take 40 years to complete. The plan includes 6 million square-feet of commercial space, 880 acres of greenspace, and over 12,200 homes, with 25% of them being affordable housing. Previous attempts at development have failed, but city officials are hopeful that this latest plan will be successful.
Read more »