Families of Israeli hostages held by Hamas called for all parties to immediately accept a proposal detailed by U.S. President Joe Biden to end the war in Gaza.
Tires burn as Israel i forces Israel i forces operate in the Balata refugee camp, in the West Bank city of Nablus, Saturday, June 1, 2024. to end the war in Gaza , but Israel 's government said that conditions for a cease-fire still must be met.Friday that he said was proposed by Israel to Hamas , saying the militant group is "no longer capable" of carrying out a large-scale attack on Israel like the one in October that started the fighting.
Roman added: "There is no other way towards a better situation for all. Our leadership must not disappoint us. But mostly, all eyes should be on Hamas." Netanyahu has promised a "total victory" that would remove Hamas from power, dismantle its military structure and return the hostages. On Saturday, the government said that its conditions for ending the war hadn't changed and that putting a permanent cease-fire in place before the conditions are fulfilled is a "nonstarter.
Biden acknowledged that keeping the proposal on track would be difficult, with a number of "details to negotiate" to move from the first phase to the second. Biden said that if Hamas fails to fulfil its commitment under the deal, Israel can resume military operations. "This proposal came late, but better late than never," said Akram Abu Al-Hasan. "Therefore, we hope from God, the American administration, and the European community in general to continue to put pressure on Israel for a cease-fire."
Cease-Fire Hamas Hostages Israel Biden Proposal Rafah
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Live blog: Gaza death toll nears 35,400 as Israel continues to pound GazaIsrael has killed at least 35,386 people — majority of them babies, children and women — and wounded over 79,336 in its 225-day war on Gaza.
Read more »
Palestinian Health Minister: 80 Percent of Health Centers in Gaza Have Shut DownNeither northern Gaza nor Israel’s “humanitarian zone” in southern Gaza have functioning hospitals.
Read more »
Families in Gaza scramble for safety — again — as Israel moves into RafahIn interviews with The Post over the last week, Gazans described wrestling with agonizing choices over whether to leave, where to go and how to survive.
Read more »
Families of hostages seek int'l pressure to force Israel for Gaza truceDespite Hamas accepting a ceasefire proposal, Israel's response remains uncertain, as it continues military actions in Gaza, including seizing control of the Rafah border crossing.
Read more »
Biden urges Gaza cease-fire, says Hamas is 'no longer capable' of major attack against IsraelPresident Biden says Hamas “no longer capable” of another major attack on Israel as he urges Israelis and Hamas to come to a Gaza cease-fire deal.
Read more »
Families of hostages call for Israel and Hamas to accept cease-fire proposal pushed by BidenPresident Joe Biden urged Hamas to agree on the deal that would release some 100 remaining hostages, along with the bodies of around 30 more, in exchange for an extended cease-fire in Gaza.
Read more »