The family of a Mobile teenager shot to death by a SWAT Team officer during a raid last year has hired a law firm to investigate the case.
No lawsuits have been filed, but the attorney says the family wants to know more about the circumstances surrounding the operation that led to the teen’s death.) - The family of a teenager shot to death by a SWAT Team officer during a raid last year has hired a law firm to investigate the case.
No lawsuits have been filed, but attorney Elizabeth Bailey said the family wants to know more about the circumstances surrounding the operation that led to 16-year-old Randall Adjessom’s death on Sheringham Drive in November.“We still haven’t seen the body camera footage,” she said. “I know my client has. She was given an opportunity to see it, but we, as her counsel, have not and, as far as I know, it has not been made publicly available.
The incident was the fourth time in 2023 that someone died during a confrontation with police. Two of incidents already have resulted in lawsuits – by the family ofto most no-knock warrants and pre-dawn raids and hire former U.S. Attorney Kenyen Brown to review policing practices in the city. Investigators cleared the officer of criminal wrongdoing; they determined Adjessom pointed a gun at the officers.
“That was really part of the reason why we were retained, which was to investigate, you know, Mobile Police Department’s policies and determine is this a part of patterns and practices within the Mobile Police Department?” she said. “And are those patterns and practices leading to situations where citizens are being placed in harm’s way?”
Brown’s report noted that the department called out the SWAT Team because of a shortage of narcotics officers available to serve a warrant on Adjessom’s brother related to drug. Officers“I think what the investigative report does highlight really well is that what happened is sort of the predictable end result of all the conduct that led up to it,” she told FOX10 News. “You’ve got a 5:40 a.m. warrant. And the report concludes that that really escalated the danger of the situation.
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Students in Mobile work with local organization to study Mobile’s bee populationThe Herb Society of America is helping to save the bee population across the country. With the help of several students
Read more »
Mobile Co. Sheriff drug bust: Mobile man caught with arsenal of weapons, glock switchAccording to the Mobile County Sheriff's Office, on May 2, 2024, MCSO conducted a search warrant at 7150 Old Military Road, Mobile, Al. The search warrant is a
Read more »
T-Mobile finally owns Ryan Reynolds-backed Mint MobileSteve should have known that civil engineering was not for him when he spent most of his time at university monkeying with his 8086 clone PC. Although he graduated, a lifelong obsession of wanting the Solitaire win animation to go faster had begun.
Read more »
T-Mobile owns Mint MobileT-Mobile has completed the acquisition of Mint Mobile, the mobile carrier that was partially owned by Ryan Reynolds, in a $1.35 billion acquisition.
Read more »
T-Mobile Officially Acquires Mint Mobile in $1.35 Billion DealMint spokesman and co-owner Ryan Reynolds is expected to take home about $300 million.
Read more »
T-Mobile gets approval to buy Mint Mobile shortly after committing to unlocking policyAnam Hamid is a computer scientist turned tech journalist who has a keen interest in the tech world, with a particular focus on smartphones and tablets. She has previously written for Android Headlines and has also been a ghostwriter for several tech and car publications.
Read more »