The terms of the settlement were not shared, but the actor says that he refuses to 'let this be hush money.'
The terms of the settlement were not shared, but the actor says that he refuses to 'let this be hush money.', Grant reached a settlement on Wednesday after filing a lawsuit against News Group News papers regarding his claims that the publisher used private investigators to tap his phone and rob his house in 2011. NGN denied the 63-year-old actor's claims against it, but in May 2023 a court ruled that Grant's case was eligible to go to trial, barring the phone-hacking allegations.
Grant explained that his lawyers cautioned him that it was likely he would have to pay for Murdoch's"expensive lawyers." Hacked Off is Grant's organization that was established in 2011 to advocate for a"free and accountable press for the public,", a NGN spokesperson said,"In 2011, an unreserved apology was made by NGN to victims of voicemail interception by the News of the World. Since then, NGN has been paying financial damages to those with proper claims. As we reach the tail end of litigation, NGN is drawing a line under disputed matters, some of which date back more than 20 years ago.
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
The Regime's Hugh Grant says going into politics has 'crossed my mind'Hugh Grant breaks down his episode of HBO's 'The Regime' and reveals whether or not he would ever go into politics himself.
Read more »
Hugh Grant Says 'About a Boy' Co-Star Rachel Weisz 'Despises' HimDigital destination for sophisticated men & women. Live your best life with expert tips and news on health, food, sex, relationships, fashion and lifestyle.
Read more »
Hugh Grant says working with Jerry Seinfeld on Unfrosted was 'grrreat'Hugh Grant, who plays the actor behind Tony the Tiger in 'Unfrosted,' says working with Jerry Seinfeld was 'grrreat': 'He's a brilliant comic, and he'd written a great script.'
Read more »
Hugh Grant says he got 'enormous sum' to settle suit against The Sun tabloidHugh Grant says he received “an enormous sum of money” to settle a lawsuit accusing the publisher of The Sun tabloid of unlawfully tapping his phone, bugging his car and breaking into his home to snoop on him
Read more »
Hugh Grant Settles Lawsuit Claiming Murdoch’s Tabloid Hacked Phone, Broke Into HomeI am a Colorado based reporter covering breaking news with a special emphasis on the entertainment industry, pop culture and sports. I previously covered local news in the greater Boston area, and I graduated from Northeastern University in 2017.
Read more »
Elizabeth Hurley 'never' seriously considered having kids with Hugh GrantElizabeth Hurley revealed she never seriously thought about having children with Hugh Grant while they were together, and sh's 'kind of' surprised he has five kids.
Read more »