Israeli forces are conducting 'precise' operations around Rafah despite protest from President Biden's administration on Tuesday.
Israeli forces released footage of a 'precise counterterrorism operation' conducted in eastern Rafah on Tuesday as the nation faces criticism from President Biden for moving forward with the attack. The Israeli infantry could be seen operating with armored vehicles in the footage, even as Israel said it conducted some 100 air strikes across Gaza. The Israel Defense Forces says its ground operations eliminated Hamas terrorists and destroyed underground infrastructure.
Throughout the past day, IAF fighter jets and aircraft struck over 100 terror targets throughout the Gaza Strip, including military structures, observation posts, launch posts and additional military infrastructure,' the IDF added. The operation comes just one day after Biden urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not to move forward with an attack on Rafah. The two world leaders reportedly spoke for approximately 30 minutes, during which Biden raised the issue of the more than 1.5 million Palestinians currently living in Rafah.
The president doesn’t want to see operations in Rafah that put at greater risk the more than a million people that are seeking refuge there,' White House national security spokesman John Kirby said. Overnight on Monday, Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin that Israel was left with no choice but to act in Rafah after Hamas terrorists carried out a deadly rocket attack from Rafah earlier in the day that left four Israeli soldiers dead.
Biden's administration confirmed on Tuesday that it had paused a shipment of weapons to Israel due to its opposition to the Rafah campaign.
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
IDF takes control of Rafah border crossing; Biden denounces Hamas, antisemitism in addressThe Rafah crossing borders Egypt. Hamas said it agreed to a Qatari-Egyptian cease-fire proposal, and Israel said it would send mediators to Egypt to negotiate.
Read more »
Humanitarian Aid to Gaza Effectively Blocked After IDF Seizes Rafah CrossingThis closing of the crossing could mean the end of humanitarian aid operations in Gaza, experts warn.
Read more »
Israeli troops gain operational control of Gazan side of Rafah Crossing, IDF saysThe Israel Defense Forces said Tuesday that its troops have operational control of the Palestinian side of the Rafah Crossing amid the ongoing war against Hamas terrorists in Gaza.
Read more »
IDF Tells Palestinians to Evacuate Parts of RafahSee multiple perspectives from The Jerusalem Post, Al Jazeera, and Fox News (Online News) at AllSides.com.
Read more »
IDF Urges Rafah Evacuations; Drops Flyers in Gaza; Attack ImminentSource of breaking news and analysis, insightful commentary and original reporting, curated and written specifically for the new generation of independent and conservative thinkers.
Read more »
IDF to Establish Safe Zone for Rafah Evacuees in Central GazaThe Israel Defense Forces will establish a humanitarian safe zone in the central Gaza Strip as part of preparations for the evacuation of noncombatants from the southernmost city of Rafah.
Read more »