Lawsuit accuses Chicago doctor of abusing more than 300 women over decades

United Kingdom News News

Lawsuit accuses Chicago doctor of abusing more than 300 women over decades
United Kingdom Latest News,United Kingdom Headlines
  • 📰 NBCNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 23 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 86%

Erik Ortiz is a senior reporter for NBC News Digital focusing on racial injustice and social inequality.

CHICAGO — A lawsuit against two top Chicago hospitals accuses an OB-GYN of sexually abusing more than 300 women, most of them Latina and Spanish speakers, and alleges that the hospitals ignored the women’s complaints. The complaint is the latest chapter in the legal saga against Fabio Ortega, 77, who pleaded guilty in 2021 to sexually abusing two patients.

They were sent to him for treatment, attorneys said, because he spoke Spanish. For a 48-year-old woman from Mexico who is one of the alleged victims anonymously quoted in the lawsuit, the case has resurrected painful memories she had buried years ago. NBC News does not normally identify victims of sexual assault, and the woman asked to remain anonymous because she said she hasn’t told her two adult daughters about her experiences.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

NBCNews /  🏆 10. in US

United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Chicago gynecologist accused of sexually abusing more than 300 patients at several area hospitals: complaintChicago gynecologist accused of sexually abusing more than 300 patients at several area hospitals: complaintA Chicago-area gynecologist has been accused of sexually abusing more than 300 female patients and his employers allegedly covered it up, according to a lawsuit filed this week.
Read more »

Chicago suburb calls for 'defamatory' language to be removed from dismissed police chief's lawsuitChicago suburb calls for 'defamatory' language to be removed from dismissed police chief's lawsuitA week ago Thursday, Flossmoor Mayor Michelle Nelson said the village was 'parting ways' with Jones. Last week Jones – the south suburban village's first Black police chief – filed a federal civil rights lawsuit.
Read more »

Sexual assault lawsuit against Chicago's former top cop dismissedSexual assault lawsuit against Chicago's former top cop dismissedA federal judge has dismissed the sexual assault lawsuit against Eddie Johnson, Chicago's former top cop.
Read more »

Judge tosses sexual assault lawsuit against former Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie JohnsonJudge tosses sexual assault lawsuit against former Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie JohnsonA federal judge sided with disgraced former Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson and threw out all claims against him in a sexual assault lawsuit.
Read more »

Fired suburban Chicago police chief files racial discrimination lawsuitFired suburban Chicago police chief files racial discrimination lawsuitThe lawsuit claims Jones was 'treated more severely and held to a higher standard of performance' than the village's White and Hispanic department heads.
Read more »

City of Chicago files lawsuit against Glock gun manufacturer: 'Putting profit over public safety'City of Chicago files lawsuit against Glock gun manufacturer: 'Putting profit over public safety'The lawsuit alleges that Glock executives knowingly make a product that can be easily converted into an illegal, full-auto weapon. It is the first suit of its kind under a new Illinois law to hold gun makers accountable.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 13:15:21