South Australia splashes taxpayer cash on celebrity visits

United Kingdom News News

South Australia splashes taxpayer cash on celebrity visits
United Kingdom Latest News,United Kingdom Headlines
  • 📰 SkyNewsAust
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 78%

South Australia’s Tourism Minister has claimed British singer Sam Smith’s exclusive taxpayer-funded concert attended by influencers and only a handful of competition winners is the “new way of marketing”.

The state’s tourism department has been facing heat for the gig – held at the d’Arenberg Cube last Wednesday night – which was attended by 300 people, most of them influencers.

They also posted several Instagram pictures from the state, although only one had a geotag identifying the location of the photo. The state’s tourism minster refused to elaborate on how much Smith’s visit cost taxpayers, instead saying it was “commercial in confidence”.The concert at d’Arenberg cube was marketed as a “a money can’t buy experience” by the winemakers.“d’Arenberg is giving away three 3 of 2 tickets for this once in a lifetime experience showcasing South Australia and the Fleurieu Peninsula at its glittering best,” the event page read.

Zara is best known as the daughter of Princess Anne, and her husband Mike is a former rugby captain for the English team.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

SkyNewsAust /  🏆 7. in AU

United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

South Australian government yet to reveal Sam Smith concert costThe South Australian government is refusing to reveal how much taxpayer money was used to host global pop star Sam Smith for an invite-only concert. 9News
Read more »

South Australian government yet to reveal Sam Smith concert costThe South Australian government is refusing to reveal how much taxpayer money was used to host global pop star Sam Smith for an invite-only concert. 9News
Read more »

Opposition calls for SA government to release cost of bringing Sam Smith to state for concertOpposition calls for SA government to release cost of bringing Sam Smith to state for concertThe South Australian opposition has called on the state government to release details of how much it paid singer Sam Smith to perform at an exclusive concert in McLaren Vale last week.
Read more »

Iran hangs Iranian-British ex-defence official for spy claimIran said on Saturday it executed a former high-ranking defence ministry official and dual Iranian-British national, despite international warnings not to carry out the death sentence.
Read more »

British citizen arrested on terrorism charges over uranium discovery at HeathrowBritish citizen arrested on terrorism charges over uranium discovery at HeathrowPolice insisted they had found no evidence of a plot and said that the incident was not believed to be linked to any direct threat to the public.
Read more »

British government set to block Scottish law on gender changes in first use of vetoBritish government set to block Scottish law on gender changes in first use of vetoIt is the first time a UK government has blocked a Scottish law since the Scottish government and parliament were established.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 13:42:26