CNN previously reported that the Pentagon increased its security screenings following a massive leak of classified documents by a member of the Massachusetts Air National Guard last year that exposed sensitive information online.
A US Air Force veteran has been arrested and charged for allegedly disclosing classified information related to American military aircraft and weapons to unauthorized individuals, the Justice Department announced Thursday. Paul J. Freeman was charged with unauthorized possession and transmission of classified national defense information by a grand jury in Florida on Tuesday, according to court records.
“If convicted, Freeman faces a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison on each of the nine counts in the indictment,” the Justice Department said in a news release, noting that a detention hearing has been set for July 1. The Air Force Office of Special Investigations and FBI are investigating the case.
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Hill Air Force Base air show expects larger crowds and smoother security intake this yearThe last weekend of June is hosting a favorite event that attracts hundreds of thousands of people in Davis County: the massive air show at Hill Air Force Base,
Read more »
Pentagon contracts reveal US prep for multinational force in Haiti, down to toothbrushes and WiFiAs preparations accelerate for a multinational force to deploy to Haiti, federal contract opportunities reveal the minutiae of US involvement in the planning.
Read more »
‘My vision went dark’: CNN reporter experiences 6G-force before hitching a fighter jet rideIt took more than 40 years, but I finally lived my “Top Gun” dream, in the back seat of a South Korean Air Force F-4 Phantom.
Read more »
US Air Force member charged with kidnapping and raping Japanese schoolgirlJapanese prosecutors have charged a US Air Force member with allegedly kidnapping and raping an underage girl just before Christmas last year, Okinawa police confirmed to CNN on Wednesday.
Read more »
Air Force general accused of rape after losing San Antonio postGen. Phillip A. Stewart, former commander of the 19th Air Force at Randolph, is accused of sexual assault, dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming an officer.
Read more »
Husband threatened Air Force general accused of raping his wifeThe man phoned Maj. Gen. Phillip Stewart and demanded to know if he'd had sex with his wife. Stewart replied, 'I did, yeah,' but said it was consensual.
Read more »