An attorney for the publisher of The Sun tabloid has accused Prince Harry of destroying evidence it was seeking in his lawsuit claiming the newspaper violated his privacy.
FILE - Britain's Prince Harry meets the crowd as he leaves after attending an Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral in London, on May 8, 2024. An attorney for the publisher of The Sun tabloid Thursday accused Prince Harry of engaging in shocking and extraordinary obfuscation by destroying evidence it was seeking in his lawsuit claiming the newspaper violated his privacy by unlawfully snooping on him.
Attorney Anthony Hudson said at High Court that the Duke of Sussex had deliberately destroyed text messages with the ghostwriter who penned his bestselling memoir, “Spare.”A lawyer for Harry said News Group Newspapers was engaging in a “classic fishing expedition” by seeking documents they should have sought much sooner for a trial scheduled in January.
Hudson said Harry had created an “obstacle course” to getting documents it was seeking from his former lawyer and staff when Harry was a working member of the royal family.
World News Hugh Grant Entertainment
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Lawyer for British tabloid accuses Prince Harry of destroying documents sought in litigationAn attorney for the publisher of The Sun tabloid has accused Prince Harry of destroying evidence it was seeking in his lawsuit claiming the newspaper violated his privacy.
Read more »
Lawyer for British tabloid accuses Prince Harry of destroying documents sought in litigationAn attorney for the publisher of The Sun tabloid has accused Prince Harry of destroying evidence it was seeking in his lawsuit claiming the newspaper violated his privacy.
Read more »
Lawyer for British tabloid accuses Prince Harry of destroying documents sought in litigationAn attorney for the publisher of The Sun tabloid has accused Prince Harry of destroying evidence it was seeking in his lawsuit claiming the newspaper violated his privacy.
Read more »
Prince Harry wins right to appeal British government’s rejection of publicly funded security detailPrince Harry has been given permission to appeal the British government's rejection to provide him with police protection in the U.K. The Court of Appeal gave the Duke of Sussex the go-ahead to challenge a ruling earlier this year in the High Court.
Read more »
Princess Diana’s Family Home Won’t Be Going to Prince Harry or Prince WilliamPrincess Diana's family estate, Althorp, will be going to Louis Spencer, not Prince William or Prince Harry, because of primogeniture.
Read more »
King Charles, Prince William 'shunning' Prince Harry after royal attempted to make amends: expertPrince Harry, Duke of Sussex, stepped back as a senior royal alongside his wife, Meghan Markle, in 2020. They live in California with son Prince Archie and daughter Princess Lilibet.
Read more »