Prince Harry has been given permission to appeal the British government's rejection to provide him with police protection in the U.K. The Court of Appeal gave the Duke of Sussex the go-ahead to challenge a ruling earlier this year in the High Court.
FILE - Britain’s Prince Harry leaves after attending an Invictus Games Foundation 10th Anniversary Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s Cathedral in London, Wednesday, May 8, 2024. Prince Harry has been given permission to appeal the British government’s rejection of his police protection detail in the U.K. has been given permission to appeal the British government’s rejection to provide him with publicly funded police protection in the U.K.
“Insofar as the case-by-case approach may otherwise have caused difficulties, they have not been shown to be such as to overcome the high hurdle so as to render the decision-making irrational,” Lane wrote. The long-running fight began more than four years ago when Harry first challenged the panel’s decision, arguing that he and his family need an armed security detail because of hostility directed toward him and his wifeHarry, 39, the younger son of King Charles III, has bucked royal family convention to challenge the government in court and sue the tabloid press.AP PHOTOS: A look at the 80th anniversary of D-Day in Normandyat Mirror Group Newspapers was “widespread and habitual.
The security case appeared to be dead after the High Court in April rejected his first request to appeal Lane’s decision. But Justice David Bean on the Court of Appeal said on May 23 that he could challenge the lower court decision.
Prince Harry Royalty General News Courts Meghan Markle I World News
United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Prince William Hints at How Prince George May Follow in His and Prince Harry's FootstepsDuring a Buckingham Palace garden party, Prince William spoke about his son Prince George's interest in following in his footsteps as a pilot.
Read more »
Prince Harry Celebrates 10 Years of the Invictus Games Without King Charles or Prince WilliamDespite smiling for the cameras, Prince Harry is said to be deeply disappointed that he will not get to see his father King Charles during his three-day visit to the UK.
Read more »
Prince Harry Did Actually Invite King Charles and Prince William to Invictus Games ServiceDespite King Charles and Prince William's absence from the Invictus Games 10th Anniversary service, Prince Harry did extend an invite to members of the royal family. Get the full story here.
Read more »
Prince Harry’s Rift With Prince William Is Evident at Invictus Games CeremonyThough members of Princess Diana’s family attended the Wednesday service at St. Paul’s Cathedral, the royal’s brother reportedly declined his invitation.
Read more »
Prince William's Beach Day Had a Meaningful Connection to His Brother Prince HarryPrince William had a royal appointment at a beach in Cornwall, where he and his brother Prince Harry spent time as children. See what he said about the sentimental location, here.
Read more »
Prince Harry Responds to Prince William’s New Title From King CharlesAfter Prince William's new title from King Charles was announced by Buckingham Palace, insiders revealed how Prince Harry reacted to this 'insult.'
Read more »