Man who disarmed Monterey Park shooter tells of violent struggle for gun

United Kingdom News News

Man who disarmed Monterey Park shooter tells of violent struggle for gun
United Kingdom Latest News,United Kingdom Headlines
  • 📰 GuardianAus
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 98%

Brandon Tsay, 26, says Huu Can Tran, 72, was ‘trying to do harm’ at second ballroom after killing 10 people nearby

“How [the weapon] was built and customized, I knew it wasn’t for robbing money. From his body language, his facial expression, his eyes, he was looking for people.”

Officials had not publicly identified the eight other victims pending notification to their relatives, but authorities advised they were two women in the 60s, one woman in her 50s, two men in their 60s, and three men in their 70s. “Finally, at one point I was able to pull the gun away from him, shove him aside, create some distance, point the gun at him, intimidate him, shouting, ‘Get the hell out here. I’ll shoot. Get away. Go.’”

At a press conference late Sunday, with information still scant, Los Angeles county sheriff Robert Luna said he believed there had been two citizens who confronted the shooter at Lai Lai. But Tsay’s account and security footage appeared to show it was only him.. “He’s lucky – someone was watching over him.”

The mayor also told CNN: “My understanding is that he had met his ex-wife at the location many years ago, but we don’t know why he did what he did. Was it an issue of [being] disgruntled, or the issue of domestic violence? We don’t know, unfortunately.”

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

GuardianAus /  🏆 1. in AU

United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Californian man hailed a hero after disarming Monterey Park shooterCalifornian man hailed a hero after disarming Monterey Park shooterA Californian man is hailed a hero after seizing the gun from a suspect who killed 11 people at a Los Angeles ballroom where he frequented.
Read more »

LA police confirm 72-year-old found dead in van was suspect in Monterey Park shootingLA police confirm 72-year-old found dead in van was suspect in Monterey Park shootingLos Angeles police confirm a man found dead in a white cargo van is the suspect in a mass shooting which left 10 people dead and at least 10 injured at a Lunar New Year celebration.
Read more »

How the manhunt for the Monterey Park mass shooter unfoldedHow the manhunt for the Monterey Park mass shooter unfoldedThe body of the man suspected of opening fire and killing 10 people in Monterey Park has been found. How did the manhunt unfold and what do we know about the mass shooting?
Read more »

Monterey Park gunman dead following standoff after police stopped vanMonterey Park gunman dead following standoff after police stopped vanAnother mass killer has struck in America. A room full of people have been murdered while ballroom dancing in Los Angeles. 10 victims - aged in their 50s and 60s - never stood a chance. 7NEWS
Read more »

Monterey Park mass shooting death toll rises to 11Monterey Park mass shooting death toll rises to 11The death toll from the mass shooting in Monterey Park, California, has risen to 11. Health officials have confirmed one of the people wounded in the shooting has died from their injuries. Nine others were injured when 72-year-old Huu Can Tran opened fire at a dance hall during Lunar New Year Celebrations.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:04:10