Mobile PD Chief passes on city settlement offer, council could vote to remove him Tuesday

Paul Prine News

Mobile PD Chief passes on city settlement offer, council could vote to remove him Tuesday
Settlement OfferMobile City CouncilVote
  • 📰 mynbc15
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 82 sec. here
  • 10 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 60%
  • Publisher: 63%

Chief Paul Prine, who has been on administrative leave since April 9th, declined a severance settlement offer from the city. Now, the Mobile City Council could

Mobile PD Chief passes on city settlement offer , council could vote to remove him Tuesday vote Tuesday to remove him. Council President C.J. Small says they will discuss whether or not they'll vote on Mayor Sandy Stimpson 's request during their pre-council meeting Tuesday. Councilman Ben Reynolds believes they will likely vote.

"I'm disheartened by the current events unfolding in our city. Nonetheless, my dedication to driving progress within the city remains unwavering. While the Mayor has the authority to assemble his team, safeguarding public safety is a collaborative endeavor spanning the entire city. My steadfast commitment persists in charting a course that promptly secures the best department leader for our officers," said Councilman Cory Penn.

City Attorney Ricardo Woods told the city council earlier this week a settlement offer was extended to Prine but that the offer was only on the table until noon on Friday. The mayor's office said they didn't receive a response from Prine and the offer has now expired. Several council members said earlier this week they hoped a settlement could be reached so they didn't have to vote and decide his professional fate.

“I was disappointed to find that resolution 03-373 remained on the final agenda for this coming week. I had hopes that this could be worked out between the administration and the Chief. As I have stated previously, I remain committed to ensuring the city moves forward. Although the Mayor picks his team when it comes to the chief, public safety is a citywide team sport.

Prine says there was at least one stipulation in the offer he couldn't stomach. Prine said, "the administration has only demanded a one way non disparaging clause that favors the city while essentially gagging me from speaking publicly." For Prine, who has publicly accused the Stimpson administration of unethical behavior, that was a nonstarter.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

mynbc15 /  🏆 262. in US

Settlement Offer Mobile City Council Vote Mayor Sandy Stimpson Administrative Leave Councilman Cory Penn Public Safety

United Kingdom Latest News, United Kingdom Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Mobile Police Chief Paul Prine says he will reject settlement offerMobile Police Chief Paul Prine says he will reject settlement offerMobile Police Chief Paul Prine said Thursday he will reject a settlement offer made by the city, setting up a likely showdown at next week’s City Council meeting.
Read more »

Mobile City Council to consider resolutions regarding suspended Mobile police chiefMobile City Council to consider resolutions regarding suspended Mobile police chiefAccording to the resolution the investigation could be finished within 90 days after it starts.
Read more »

Mobile mayor urges City Council to fire suspended Police Chief Paul PrineMobile mayor urges City Council to fire suspended Police Chief Paul PrineMobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson placed his police chief on administrative leave last week. Now, he wants him gone permanently.
Read more »

Mobile City Council to consider investigating allegations made by MPD Chief Paul PrineMobile City Council to consider investigating allegations made by MPD Chief Paul PrineThe Mobile City Council will consider a resolution authorizing an investigation into public allegations made by Mobile Police Chief Paul Prine in connection with being placed on administrative leave.
Read more »

Mobile Mayor Stimpson issues statement on MPD Chief Paul Prine’s administrative leaveMobile Mayor Stimpson issues statement on MPD Chief Paul Prine’s administrative leaveMobile Mayor Sandy Stimpson on Wednesday released a statement in response to recent public comments made by Police Chief Paul Prine in regards to the chief’s being placed on administrative leave.
Read more »

Crowd gathers at a local park for a rally for suspended MPD Chief Paul PrineCrowd gathers at a local park for a rally for suspended MPD Chief Paul PrineA crowd gathered at Municipal Park for a rally for suspended Mobile Police Chief Paul Prine.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 20:48:55